17 June 2012

Making Boerewors! (South African Sausage)

These are two very determined South African gents (Riaan and Grobbies) who came and made a huge batch of Boerwors the other evening. Not only did they bring all their own ingredients, including spice and skins from South Africa, they also designed and made me a Sausage tube for my mincing machine! 

After completing their Safety brief and signing the waver which allowed them to use my butchery without hats on (*Ahem)  they got stuck right in! They also had some assistance from Linda, Emma and Heidi. 

I am going to trial these on our Private Function Menu, and if they go as well as expected we should make a tidy profit! Everyone wins!




The team get stuck in, assisted by Heidi and her radioactive arm! 

The finished article! Delicious! 


4 comments:

  1. Yummy! I like a good sausage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you most certainly do babe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOHHH i am sitting in England rubbing my hands together, i am going home now to braai some boerie and make a nice footlong chillie dog.
    Nothing like a good boerie!

    ReplyDelete